Watkins Consulting provides experts in this specialized field of accounting. Our experienced Forensic Accountants utilize their accounting skills in order to investigate or substantiate fraudulent business activities. They can prepare and analyze financial information for use during legal proceedings.
Watkins personnel are skilled in identifying the unique aspects of each case to determine the appropriate approach, execute a strategic plan, and ensure the best outcome for our clients. We provided expert guidance in discovery activities designed to identify information relating to liability and damage claims, as well as detailing the financial performance and condition of the plaintiff institutions.
Watkins knowledgeable staff of accounting and finance professionals bring a wide breadth of accounting, auditing, and project and business management expertise to any project. due to the complexity of the work created by the multitude of Acquirers and Private Investors, their underlying policies and systems, their geographic dispersion and the complex web of legal agreements.
Forensic Accounting service offerings include:
- Evaluation of the merits of liability claims
- Evidentiary examination of financial records
- Analysis and development of complex damage models
- Conduct event studies and calculate damages
- Identification of known transaction structures, money laundering patterns, and other suspicious activity
- Evaluation of policies and procedures to determine compliance with current regulations
- Monitor and assessment of periodic filings for patterns of deceptive activity
- Analysis of compliance with regulatory bank filings such as Banking Secrecy Act (BSA)
- Evaluation of compliance with SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FIPS, and other regulatory requirements
- Assessment of deficiencies in processes, documentation, or controls that may indicate non-compliance